Housing Disrepair Experts

Please complete the form and one of our housing repair specialists will contact you to provide you with a free consultation.

Alternatively call our team today on 0800 047 2017 or text HELP to 82222.

Chevon Reid
Chevon Reid
6. December, 2020.
Very professional excellent customer service and very efficient. I highly recommend this company.
Jaz Dhillon
Jaz Dhillon
23. November, 2020.
The gentleman with whom I had an appointment with in regards to my housing issues, was very professional, informative, and friendly.
Lena Davies
Lena Davies
12. November, 2020.
Already recommend it to my friends well appreciate the service can't thank you enough.
Kevin Gate
Kevin Gate
12. November, 2020.
I am living in a flat which is in disrepair tenants advice sent a person out to look at my flat. I was surprised how quick.they acted to get a solicitor involved. I would reccomend tenant advice allways thanks tenants advice what you done.

Call us for FREE housing advice on

0800 047 2017

Do You Need Help Getting Your Home Repaired?

You do not need to suffer in silence as tenants have rights too! If you have notified your landlord of issues with your home and these have been left unattended, you are legally entitled to seek legal advice or for a solicitor to make your landlord carry out your home repairs. You could be eligible to claim for housing disrepair if your home has any of the below issues.

  • Rising damp or mould issues
  • Leaks
  • Mice, rats, cockroach, or pigeon Infestation
  • Unsafe flooring or staircases
  • Rotten doors or window frames
  • Leaking pipes or cracked sanitation equipment
  • Faulty electrics
  • Non-functioning or unsafe heating system or boiler

How can I start my claim?

Once you have made an enquiry one of our housing specialists will contact you to either provide free no obligation advice or to arrange for one of our housing advisor to visit your home. It is possible to make a claim for housing disrepair yourself, for free, through the Housing Ombudsman.

Examples of your landlords obligations to you:

Landlord’s Responsibilities

Your landlord is responsible for most repairs in your home. They should make sure that your home is safe and free from any hazards.

Their responsibilities include repairs to:

  • Electrical wiring
  • Gas pipes and boilers
  • Heating and hot water
  • Chimneys and ventilation
  • Sinks, baths, toilets, pipes, and drains.
  • Common areas including entrance halls and stairways.
  • The structure and exterior of the building, including walls, stairs and bannisters, roof, external doors and windows.


Tenant's Responsibilities

You must treat your home with care, you may be charged for repairs or damage that do not count as fair wear and tear.

This means:

  • Keeping your home reasonably clean
  • Safety checks on electrical appliances you own
  • Keeping gardens or outside areas in a reasonable state
  • Minor maintenance such as changing light bulbs or smoke alarm batteries

Why choose Tenants Advice?

Tenants Advice has helped thousands of families across England & Wales with housing disrepair claims. Founded in 2016, our aim is to support Council and Housing Association tenants who are struggling to get repairs carried out by their housing provider. It Is your legal right to live free of constant leaks, damp, mould, rotting windows, rodent or cockroach infestations.

At Tenants Advice we have an expert team of Housing Conditions Officers, Solicitors and Building Surveyors who guarantee fast, reliable help and advice. We are confident in getting the best results for the tenants we help.

We offer free housing consultations to establish if you can claim against your landlord. Alternatively, we will provide you with free no obligation advice.

Read more about us here.